Friday, June 28, 2019

Queen Anne Hill

A cheerful clutch of flowers seen during the decent of Queen Anne Hill

Today I joined a friend for lunch at the 5 Spot on Queen Anne hill, walking downtown and then ascending the hill and then returning for approximately six miles round trip, and a cumulative elevation gain for the two hills of approximately 500 feet. Enroute I stopped at REI and purchased some fuel canisters with my annual refund. I was tired on the first part of the hike, but not so tired on the second half, which I found interesting. Was it the rest and lunch that revived me?


Statistics for the hike:
Distance: 6 miles
Conditions: Clear
Load: Negligible 
Elevation gain: 500 feet

Statistics, year to date:
Distance: 193.6 miles 
Elevation Gain: 59,628 feet
Next Goal: 70,000 feet, my Fifth Rainier.  10,372 feet to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment