Thursday, May 30, 2019

Mt Si: Pre-Adams shakedown hike

Si was shrouded in midst before the hike.

Pre-hike snack

I began the hike with my favorite drugs: A greasily sweet QFC apple fritter, and some Mountain Dew to help me wake up. This was my last practice climb before Roger and I head for Mount Adams on Sunday. It wore me out. Roger thinks it demonstrated that I'm ready for Adams. Well, I may be, but I'll need a couple days to recover. When it was over, my feet and body were sore.

Statistics for the day:
Distance: 8 miles
Conditions: Morning mist, burnt away by sun; not too hot.
Load: 32 pounds 
Elevation gain: 3,150 feet 

Statistics, year to date:
Distance: 165.1 miles 
Elevation Gain: 51,470 feet 
Next Goal: 57,644 feet (fourth Rainier)

The photos that follow were sights seen along the way.


This cluster of mushrooms was situated on a chunk of wood along the trail.

A tree had sheared off, leaving this stump in the trail.

This stack of logs held the soil in place. It marked the 2-mile (half-way) mark along the trail.







No comments:

Post a Comment