Monday, December 9, 2019

Return to Poo Poo Point

In some places the steep trail seems like a staircase, due to the stepping stones.

It was an overcast Monday with fog on the low hills leading up the Chiroco trail to Poo Point, the launch zone for parasailing. This was a SVTC hike, a four mile hike up a rather steep trail for a 1,700-foot elevation gain that resulted in a visit to the launch pad for hang gliders.

The hikers left me behind part way through. I had been awakened at 5 a.m. with a call from Malawi, Africa, and I think the loss of sleep slowed me down. I had to rest a bit and then catch up. This was my first hike at Poo Poo point for a few years, I believe--long enough ago that I didn't remember parts of the trail and they seemed new.

Trailhead figure


Distance for the day:   4 miles
Conditions: Low ceiling, cool, some fog
Load: 16 pounds 
Elevation gain: 1,700

Statistics, year to date:
Distance: 264.7 miles 
Elevation Gain: 79,078 feet. 9,088 to 6th Rainier















No comments:

Post a Comment